Friday 19 June 2015

Tarot for a Tarot reader

One of the biggest obstacle to reading Tarot for yourself is expectations.  The less involved you are the easier it is to be objective, when you read for yourself it can be very difficult to manage.  My work around is to go big, really big, all the cards big.

First I recommend using a standard size 78 card Tarot deck since any other size since it's designed to use 78 cards.

Step one is to draw out an indicator for your current state.  Next think of your first question, be very specific like "Should I post this blog right away?".



First card is at the top and the result.  Working clockwise around the circle with six more cards.  The upper pair is what you need to be aware of if you want to make this decision, the next pair the things you'll need to rely on, the last pair at the bottom is what will be holding you back or the downside.

This is almost speed Tarot, reading the last paragraph should take more time than these first 8 cards.

With this spread my answer is going to be no, I know it's not quite ready, I should ask for help and wow that last pair is pretty intense.  Inaction and emotions together.

Or in short no.

Now we repeat.  Don't look for a better interpretation don't look for the positives, just your first impressions as quickly as possible.  Come up with your next question, still on the same thread.

"My website is almost ready should I finish that first?"




Not a good idea, would be a struggle that would take a lot from me right now.

I like offsetting the cards because I can look at two or more answers at once.  I also take notes when an answer shows a clear concern or is a definite sign to go ahead.

The trick is to make each question slightly different.

"Should I work my website then post this?"



Looks like a plan but just to double check:

"Blog first website later?"


I was right the first time.

Continue until you have finished the deck with 11 questions.  

If you are working with offset cards the top card is going to slowly sift around.





And the end result is your entire deck and fairly chaotic.  I call this my circle of confusion actually.



This is not a great spread to use for anyone other than yourself.  Explaining the 78 cards would first take forever, the only other option is to flip over seven cards and give very short single word answers.  Neither is particularly appropriate.

Meanwhile it is great for personal use.  It pushes you to use your first impressions rather than trying to shape your reading.  If you're still learning you will go through your entire deck which is always valuable.

The other half of using this successfully is having a whole series of linked questions.  If you struggle with wording or knowing how to ask the right question this is a great way to challenge yourself.

Lastly if you really struggle with questions you can prepare them ahead of time but doing it on the fly further helps cut out your own opinions and prejudices.  Searching for the right question rather than planning can help make sure you don't just ask biased questions to get what you want.



No comments:

Post a Comment