Saturday 6 June 2015

Faerie Oracle

This time I can say this is hands down my favourite oracle deck without making it sounds hyperbolic.


Using it in a reading is tricky, these are oracle cards not Tarot.  They are better fit single draw readings.  




One of the things I love about these cards is the sheer variety.  You can split them into sections but these are very variable cards making them good at accuracy.  People draw what they need and it's usually pretty obvious even without my input.


The art is by Brian Froud, also known for his work on Jim Henson's The Dark crystal and Labyrinth, as well as several books he has illustrated all full of faeries.  Each card is less about specific symbolism and more about pictures telling a story.  That said these are faery cards often have faery logic.





The more experience you have with faeries or oracle cards the easier they are to interpret, so I'm more than happy to offer my experience, but anyone with an instant reaction should cheerfully ignore me in favour of their own intuition.,

No comments:

Post a Comment